Northwest Eyecare’s roots stem from the first optometric practice in Stephenson County, which started in Freeport in 1926. Since then, optometry as a profession has evolved, and so has our practice! Throughout the 1960s and 1970s, Dr. Gerry Haines and Dr. Abe Schaye continually expanded the offices, as well as opened a branch in Lanark.
In 1980, Dr. Dennis Robinson joined the practice, and branch offices in Lena (1980) and Elizabeth (1981) were opened. In 1989, the practice was given a new name, Northwest Eyecare, which describes our geographic coverage of Northwest Illinois.
On June 1, 1995, our Oregon location was opened, and on September 1, 1995, Northwest Eyecare merged with Dr. Jon Goulart (a Freeport native) and All Seasons Optical in Freeport and Stockton. Shortly after, our current Stockton office was opened to better accommodate the patients from both practices.
On January 1, 2005, Dr. Nikolas Diemer, who is originally from Freeport as well, joined the practice. In January 2017, Dr. Eric Coy began practicing at Northwest Eyecare.
Our team has always taken great pride in being able to serve patients in such a large geographic area.